Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Quiet Solo Fall View Hike with a Dog Companion

The rest of my family had plans and I wanted to make it to a consignment sale in Salem so I found myself solo down south with a dog. I decided a fall solo hike with the dog was my plan and headed up Hwy 20 past Sweet Home to the Rooster Rock trailhead. I loved the diversity of the forest- Madrona tree?
I made my way up through the old forest and tall trees.
I was glad to be in the woods with the dog Oreo. I am trying to stay in a hiking rhythm.
Feeling strong, healthy, and alive in this beautiful forest.
Some of the leaves were starting to turn to red.
More leaves.
Oreo pulls a lot which was not such a bad thing on the way up. We made good time following the scents of squirrels and chipmunks.
The trail got steeper. We made it to the viewless viewpoint in the mist and shared a late lunch.
Heading back down. More Madrona trees.
Here is one of the rock formations through the trees.
Heading back down, there was a little less pulling because I think we worked off some energy.
Enjoying the big rock formation near the top.
Catching a scent.
Enjoying more fall color on the way back down.
I loved how the light shown through the trees.
It was lovely to share this quiet special time with Oreo dog. We are still working on trail etiquette but I was grateful to be outside in this beautiful forest. I will have to try this one in the spring when it is blooming.

No comments:

Post a Comment