Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Siouxon Creek Ladies Backpacking Loveliness

Mom- I got another manager to cover my on call so that I could head out early on a Saturday with my favorite hiking partner on a backpacking trip with lady friends from the neighborhood in one of my favorite forests- Siouxon Creek!
Amy-My friend, Lucy came with me. We had fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Amy- Our obligatory selfie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Amy- A big break stump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amy- The bridge over a raging waterfall. 
Mom- We came to the first beautiful waterfall.
Amy- I climbed down onto the rocks- another break spot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Amy- This tree had amazing petrified wood vines!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mom- This is usually my turn around spot with kids but today it was a fantastic camping spot!
Amy- I went exploring a lot.
Mom- I let Amy play at camp with her friend and took off for some hiking with my women friends.
Mom- The creek crossing was much easier than anticipated and we got to enjoy this waterfall on the other side nice and close.
Mom- We soaked it in and filtered some water.
Mom- On the other side there were many more campers and we hiked to another "hidden" waterfall.
Mom- In all the times I have hiked this with kids I can't believe I have not pressed on to see these falls. This is definitely the icing on the cake of this trail.
Amy- Me and Lucy played spies for a while. We did well.
Amy- It was super fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mom- Back at camp I took some time to read and enjoy the waterfall.
Mom- The evening was cozy and restful and in the morning I again enjoyed gazing at the waterfall before the short trek back to the car.
Amy- Lucy and I walked along a big log.
Mom- Backpacking is the best and I was glad to be out with my favorite hiking partner and our new friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment