Sunday, November 16, 2014

Big and Small Waterfalls

Amy-We went to Silver Falls and it was fall so the leaves were SO beautiful.  We also saw some waterfalls.  We even got to go behind some!  This was a REALLY FUN hike!
Mom- Silver Falls is a state park with a 10 waterfall loop hike.  I think we saw 8 of them today.  We parked at the North Falls Parking lot and hit the trail!  Analise wanted to do some stick fishing on the bridge.  She was not sure if she wanted to hike at first.
  Amy-This waterfall is small. Here is a rhyme about waterfalls: tall small waterfall.
 Mom- The leaves were bright and the sun was shining.  It was an amazing day to hike in this beautiful park.
 Amy-  I hugged a couple of trees on the hike.
 Mom- This is Winter Falls which only runs in winter.  It was really flowing and a good stop for a lunch break.
Amy-I also stood on some stumps on the hike.  I like hikes that have stumps on them.  I also like hikes that I can hug, stuff like trees, people that I love, and people that are my school friends (if I run in to them) or my church family (I might run into them also).  I also love going out for ice cream with Sarah. 
 
 Mom- The creek was so pretty surrounded by the fall color.
 Amy-This tree is really mossy and the leaves are colorful with all their colors red, yellow, and orange.  The river is so blue and the sky is too.
Mom- I really enjoyed seeing the sunlight through the forest shining on all the green moss.
 Amy-All of us loved the waterfall and its beauty.  Its real name is Middle North Falls, but I called it Broom Stick Falls because from behind the falls it looked like a broom stick.
Mom- Analise was really scared to walk behind Middle North Falls but the rest of us enjoyed being so close.
Mom-  We felt the mist from the falls and heard its thundering roar!
Mom- We enjoyed seeing it from a distance as well.
Amy- This picture makes me imagine myself jumping over the cliff over the water and just right in view of a waterfall.
Mom- Above is one of the smaller waterfalls along the way.  Below is Double Falls.
Amy-Mom said that this waterfall is called Double Falls.  At the bottom of the falls it separates apart into twos.
Mom- I enjoyed the contrast between the red and yellow leaves, green mossy trees, and blue of the water.
Amy-This is a really fast river so blue, and like I said flowing fast river.
Mom- I think this rock looks like a hairy monster.
Mom-  We started heading back around the loop toward North Falls.  We were all starting to get a little tired but enjoyed the river and waterfalls along the way.
Mom- Gil  & Sarah were with us on this hike.  Amy walked with Gil part of the way.
Mom-  We made it back to the powerful huge North Falls.
 Mom- We got to walk behind North Falls.  Analise was very cold from her earlier puddle stomping.
Mom-As we climbed up the other side we headed back to the parking lot, feeling those great tired endorphins and basking in the memory of waterfalls.
Mom- I like to picture waterfalls washing away all my problems and worries.  It is good to be near them and see their power and beauty.  We are lucky to live by so many amazing falls.

1 comment: