Saturday, August 5, 2017

Goat Rocks Day 3- Heading home from Cispus Basin

I woke up my final morning in Cispus Basin after two stunning days. We got an early start due to the heat and came upon a few marmots to great us early on. We hiked about 7 miles on this day.
Back at Cispus Pass
Heading down I reflected on my gratitude for this time in the high mountains and with the many flowers.
I enjoyed delicate Mariposa Lilies on the way down.
These Lupine looked like a carpet or a stream of blue in the midst of yellows, green, and white.
The trusty PCT markers showed us we were still on the right track.
We passed Sheep Lake once again and climbed down the Nanny Ridge trail at a brisk pace to beat the heat. I was sorry we did not have another day to enjoy the Goat Rocks but very grateful for everyone's health and safety, and this opportunity to enjoy some BEAUTIFUL parts of this wilderness. I don't think the Goat Rocks has seen the end of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment