Sunday, April 22, 2018

A hike to end a "Supermom" kind of week


 This week has been very challenging for my family due to my stay at home husband being completely out of commission. I was proud of myself and of my girls for staying present to each other and changing our routine to do what was needed. I am also grateful for community and the way they supported us. After trying to work, support medical needs, and coordinate all the driving, childcare, and house needs I was very ready for challenging hike without kids. I took the International Student we host at Reed up to Wind Mountain.
 We enjoyed the early wildflowers on the way straight up a mountain with more than 1000 ft of gain in one mile. We combined this with a driving lesson which was its own adventure. It was good to have some kid free time to enjoy a climb.
 We had the high energy dog Oreo with us and she led the way.
 Annie may not have known what she got herself into when she agreed to a "steep" hike but she did an amazing job getting to the top!
 We quickly got up toward the top of treeline.
 Oreo enjoyed the adventure as well.
 Enjoying more wildflowers along the way.
 Native Americans used this site for vision quests- spending the night here. This is sacred ground.
 At the top we enjoyed views of the river below.
 We met the challenge together- great short conditioning hike!
 Enjoying the view
We headed back down to the car for more driving in busy Gresham near where Annie will test and then had some yummy Chinese food. It was a much needed afternoon to gain perspective and care for myself so that I can continue to be present to my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment